[Remind-Fans] PATCH:Remind FTBS on Debian with recently activated -Werror=format-security flag

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Dec 11 17:42:10 EST 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:40:54 -0500
"Kurt B. Kaiser" <kbk at shore.net> wrote:

> Hi, I've attached a patch which fixes FTBS following a Debian security
> enhancement.

Thanks; I will apply them.  I don't believe any of the strings come from
user-input, but it's a good idea to patch them anyway.

I've already applied your housekeeping patches in my git repo; thanks for
bringing them to my attention.

> Also, I noted a warning during the compilation init.c:
> init.c: In function ‘InitRemind’:
> init.c:140:14: warning: variable ‘tim’ set but not used

Yes, that's an unused variable and can be nuked.  Thanks.

Regards,

David.