[Remind-Fans] Beginner help

hubert depesz lubaczewski depesz at depesz.com
Wed Feb 29 10:31:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 03:25:06PM +0000, Reid Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 15:05 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> note the section on popups here
> http://www.roaringpenguin.com/wiki/index.php/Remind_use_case_1http://www.roaringpenguin.com/wiki/index.php/Remind_use_case_1

I'm not sure what section you're writing about. On linked page word
"popup" exists in two places, neither of which is section header:

1. "Aside from those popups, I interact with Remind primarily through
   Wyrd,"
2. In daemon mode, I'd like my Remind popups to contain text like "Go
   grocery shopping 30 minutes from now" or "Go grocery shopping now".

Second part doesn't seem related to any question I asked.
The first one taks about using gxmessage, and using remind -z
mode, which I wrote that I do use (-z mode, not gxmessage).

So I'm not sure what could I learn (regarding my questions) from the
linked page.

If you were referring to my 3rd question:

"3. I plan to setup running remind -z in background, with some command to let
me know about when timed events happen plus have a cronjob, that runs daily
"remind -f -q .reminders" sending me the list for today.  is it sane? am i
missing something? how do you run automatic reminders?"

I suspect that I got the wording wrong, because it would seem that you
understood the question like:
"how to setup automatic reminders."
I do have them now with cron, and "remind -z -k".
I was specifically asking how *you* - i.e. other users, are doing this (as in:
if you're doing it differently)

Sorry for confusion - english is not my natural language, and I clearly make a
lot of mistakes.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/