[Remind-Fans] Beginner help

Reid Thompson Reid.Thompson at ateb.com
Wed Feb 29 12:04:52 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 17:45 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 04:25:10PM +0000, Reid Thompson wrote:
> > start reminder 15 mins before 14:00 and remind every 5 mins until 14:00
> > REM Feb 29 2012 AT 14:00 +15 *5 DURATION 1:0  MSG blah
>
> *5 seems to be the key.
> but what is the use of "DURATION" in here?
>
> In man it seems to suggest it's not used currently.
> so
> REM Feb 29 2012 AT 14:00 +15 *5 MSG blah
> should do the same, right?
>
> Best regards,
>
> depesz

Duration is for use with console/gui interfaces

screen highlight and paste from wyrd (also see attached png):

 |11:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
M|11:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |              March 2012
a|11:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |         Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
r|12:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |                      1  2  3
 |12:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |          4  5  6  7  8  9 10
0|12:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |         11 12 13 14 15 16 17
1|12:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |         18 19 20 21 22 23 24
 |13:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |         25 26 27 28 29 30 31
 |13:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |13:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |13:45                                                                                                                                                                                        +---------------------------------------
 |14:00                                                                                                                                                                                        | * Do Detect something
 |14:15                                                                                                                                                                                        | * Excel template format for gencsv...
 |14:30 | Test to show duration                                                                                                                                                                | * Fix something
 |14:45 |                                                                                                                                                                                      | * automanage control
 |15:00 |                                                                                                                                                                                      | * Update shipStatus to bGIndicator
 |15:15 |                                                                                                                                                                                      | * Build a scratchpad
 |15:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |15:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |16:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |16:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |16:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |16:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |17:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |17:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |17:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |17:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |18:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |18:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |18:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |18:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |19:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |19:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |19:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |19:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |20:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |20:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |20:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |20:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |21:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |21:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |21:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |21:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |22:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |22:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |22:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |22:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |23:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |23:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |23:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
-+23:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
M|00:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
a|00:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
r|00:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |00:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
0|01:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
2|01:15                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |01:30                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |01:45                                                                                                                                                                                        |
 |02:00                                                                                                                                                                                        |
Thursday, March 01 at 2:30pm
      2:30pm-3:30pm  Test to show duration

Wyrd v1.4.5          Currently: Wednesday, February 29 at 12:00pm