[Remind-Fans] Is this possible?

Sector_11 Sector_11 at lavabit.com
Fri Apr 20 10:00:07 EDT 2012

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:41:20 +0100
Dougie Lawson <dl1ims at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 April 2012 21:36, Bob Paver <paver at southwestern.edu> wrote:
>

> > Of the commonly used utilities, I find these to be challenging.
> > Don’t expect to learn it overnight. Experiment, experiment,
> > experiment.
> >

> I've found the REGEX coach to be a handy tool to help with learning
> PCREs. http://weitz.de/regex-coach/
>
> It looks like he's got a version that runs on Linux/BSD. I use the
> Windows version.

To all who have replied I thank you.  But the "| cut" response from
Reid Thompson, was just what I was looking for. I know a little about
cut, but never imagined it there.

I have problems learning new things, that's why I have a "few" text
files here to 'remind' me.

@ Jostein - conky "layouts" is the one thing I seem to be good at  - but
still have to borrow bash, python or LUA scripts as I can not write my
own.  I can however, looks at something that is done, follow the logic
of it and "tweak it" or 'sometime' reapply it elsewhere with varying
degrees of success.  I use that knowledge as my way of helping the Linux
community for the help they give me with other things.

I'm comfortable with it, but stand in awe of those who can write
scripts.  I've been getting this mailing list for a LONG time, and only
now made a request.  The people of Linux are truly helpful.

As a matter of fact, I found out just recently that grep passes stuff
to awk and was shown a way to bypass grep completely (in a conky
showing vnstats).  But I'm getting way off topic.  Thanks for your help
- back to lurk mode - until the next time.