[Remind-Fans] colorizing caldendars

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Apr 30 16:29:09 EDT 2012

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:53:04 +0200
Ruthard Baudach <ruthard.baudach at web.de> wrote:

> I'd prefer to put the ANSI Escape Sequences in user defined functions
> -- something like

I see your point, but writing the code to parse ANSI escape sequences
is quite a bit of work.  And it results in calendar entries that
aren't usable with other back-ends like tkremind or rem2html.

Maybe as a compromise I could add another % sequence to indicate
zero-width display.  So something like:

SET esc char(27)
REM ... MSG %{[esc + "["]0;35m*%} ...

Remind would remove %{ and %} from the output, but would count anything
in between them as having zero width for the purpose of calendar alignment.

Maybe this is over-thinking the problem. :)

Regards,

David.