[Remind-Fans] How can I change regular monthly schedule for 3 days?

Damien Lin damianus500 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 06:12:50 EDT 2012

Allow me to use an example to illustrate my problem.

I have 2 drivers servicing 4 day-care centers.

I use REMIND to schedule my REGULAR monthly 2-driver schedule. I call
this my regular "2 driver schedule." I have to give the 4 day-care
centers their schedule before the start of each month.

Now, one driver  has to go out of town occasionally on short 3-day
trips. For those 3 days, the other driver has to service the 4 day-care
centers with a different schedule.

In this event, I have already a back-up plan called "1 driver schedule".

Currently, I have to manually make modification to my "regular 2 driver schedule" for those days that a driver is out of town.

In short, I am usually on the "2 driver schedule" but, from time to
time, I have to introduce a "1 driver schedule" for 3 days within the
regular 2 driver monthly schedule.

-------------------------

I am a novice with REMIND programming... I figure that the program could look like this:

SET driver 2

IF driver == 2

[2 driver schedule, center A]
[2 driver schedule, center B]
[2 driver schedule, center C]
[2 driver schedule, center D]

ELSE

[1 driver schedule, center A]
[1 driver schedule, center B]
[1 driver schedule, center C]
[1 driver schedule, center D]

ENDIF

My question is:

REMIND helps me tremendously to plan the regular schedules of the 4 centers when both drivers are around, BUT...

How can I set the variable driver to 1 just for a range of date, say, May 17-19, 2012 (i.e. when a driver is out)?

Any help most appreciated.

Damianus