[Remind-Fans] SKIP'ing weekends and holidays

Sharninder Khera khera at one.com
Tue Aug 7 08:06:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've spent some time today trying to make this work and have searched
the archives also but didn't find any recipe that worked.

I have a meeting scheduled every third day, except weekends/holidays,
and would like a reminder to be set for it.

So, if the first meeting is tomorrow, Wed 8th August, the next will be
on Monday, 13th Aug, because of the Saturday Sunday in between. This is
what I've come up with:

REM 8 August 2012 *3 +1 AT 9:30 DURATION 1:00 SKIP OMIT Sunday Saturday
MSG Meeting %b

Now, this sets a meeting up for 8th but the next one is set up for 14th,
not 13th as it ideally should be.

I would also like to add company holidays in the mix. So, if 13th turns
out to be a holiday, the meeting should be set for 14th instead.

Too hard to handle without resorting to complex scripting?

--
Sharninder