[Remind-Fans] cannot edit ~/.reminders

Sector_11 Sector_11 at lavabit.com
Tue Aug 7 11:44:09 EDT 2012

In conky I use (Debian SID):
${color1}${exec rem -s |  cut -c9-10,19- }${color}
{it's a calendar: update interval 43200 = 12 hours}

That line displays a nice list for the month, nothing fancy:

  07 Aug 12 | 12:23:20 ~
         $ rem -s |  cut -c9-10,19-
08 ß Vanina
10 ß Mercedes
13 ß ♥ Mi Amour ♥
13 ß Erin P.
19 ♥ S11 | S12
19 @ S11 ♥ 12 Day
29 The €agle Flies

  07 Aug 12 | 12:23:22 ~
         $

ß = birthday
@ = anniverasry

Today I added:

REM 13 Aug MSG ß Pablo

Saved it and restarted my conky.  Pablo was not there, and the tab in
medit reads:

!.reminders

indicating the files has been changed.  Opened the file agan and no
Pablo.

Any idea what is happening?  This is totally new for me I have been
using this setup for a long time.

I, and I alone, have permission to read/write that file.
If I delete "write" permission it stays with 'Pablo'.

Any help appreciated.