[Remind-Fans] counting a recurring event

hymie! hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
Mon Aug 20 13:01:05 EDT 2012

Greetings.  I've been using remind since the mid '90s.  Lately I find
that the more I use Google Calendar, the more I like remind.

Anyway, I'm wondering if remind has a mechanism for
(*) a recurring appointment with a number of repetitions, rather than
    an end date
(*) counting the number of occurrences of a recurring appointment.

I already have
            FSET since(x) ord(year(trigdate())-x)
for my birthdays and such.  But now I have a situation where I do
something for 8 weeks at a time, or 10 weeks at a time.

It would be really handy to have a setup like
rem 13 aug 2012 *7 OCCUR 10 msg dance class #%& 8-9pm

which would occur 10 times, ending (in this case) on Oct 15th.  If we had
to cancel a specific week, I could then easily say

push
omit 1 oct 2012
rem 13 aug 2012 *7 OCCUR 10 skip msg dance class #%& 8-9pm
pop

and the end date of my appointment would automagically adjust to Oct 22nd.

Is there some remind magic that can accomplish this feat?

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie at lactose.homelinux.net