[Remind-Fans] FROM not working for dates before 1990

Ruthard Baudach ruthard.baudach at web.de
Fri Sep 14 05:39:44 EDT 2012

>== Auszüge aus der Nachricht von  Clemens Kaposi vom 2012-09-14 10:05:
> Hello,
>
> Whenever I am using a reminder that has a FROM keyword with a date
> before 1990, I keep getting this error:
>
>     FROM: Incomplete date specification
>
> Use case:
>
>     FSET _since(yr) YEAR(TRIGDATE()) - yr
>     REM 21 Dec FROM 21 Dec 1989 MSG Joe's [ord(_since(1988))] birthday

If you want to be reminded every 21 Dec, just use:
     FSET _since(yr) YEAR(TRIGDATE()) - yr
     REM 21 Dec MSG Joe's [ord(_since(1988))] birthday

As reminds manual states:

     The FROM clause operates almost like the counterpoint to UNTIL. It
     prevents the reminder from triggering before the FROM date.

Thus it makes no sense whatsoever to use FROM for a date in the past.

Regards,

Ruthard