[Remind-Fans] Whither banner?

Tue Oct 16 08:20:39 EDT 2012

I don't know when this happened, but remind is not printing the
default banner -- it's not putting out any banner at all. I invoke it
usually with -q, but I was doing that before the banner disappeared. I
don't have a banner definition anywhere, the only places the word
banner appears in my set of rem files is:

$ grep -ni 'banner' ~/.remind/*
/home/tamara/.remind/40-history.rem:310:REM 14 Sep MSG Francis Scott
Key pens the "Star Spangled Banner", 1814 %
/home/tamara/.remind/40-music.rem:154:REM Sep 14 MSF Francis Scott Key
writes words to "Star Spangled Banner", 1814 %