[Remind-Fans] Whither banner?

Fri Oct 19 20:50:12 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Jostein Berntsen <jbernts at broadpark.no> wrote:
> On 16.10.12,07:20, tamouse mailing lists wrote:
>> I don't know when this happened, but remind is not printing the
>> default banner -- it's not putting out any banner at all. I invoke it
>> usually with -q, but I was doing that before the banner disappeared. I
>> don't have a banner definition anywhere, the only places the word
>> banner appears in my set of rem files is:
>>
>> $ grep -ni 'banner' ~/.remind/*
>> /home/tamara/.remind/40-history.rem:310:REM 14 Sep MSG Francis Scott
>> Key pens the "Star Spangled Banner", 1814 %
>> /home/tamara/.remind/40-music.rem:154:REM Sep 14 MSF Francis Scott Key
>> writes words to "Star Spangled Banner", 1814 %
>

> From the man page:
>
> "You can disable the banner completely with BANNER %"
>
> Is that the problem?

I wish it was :(

There are no banner commands in my .rem files:

tamara at caesar:~$ grep -ri banner .remind/*.rem
.remind/40-history.rem:REM 14 Sep MSG Francis Scott Key pens the "Star
Spangled Banner", 1814 %
.remind/40-music.rem:REM Sep 14 MSG Francis Scott Key writes words to
"Star Spangled Banner", 1814 %
tamara at caesar:~$

Those lines have been in those files which I gleaned from elsewhere as
long as I've been running remind. I would hope they haven't started
acting as a BANNER command.