[Remind-Fans] Get file and Line number of reminder

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 26 07:04:03 EDT 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:29:49 +0200
Ruthard Baudach <ruthard.baudach at web.de> wrote:

> I do like remind to organize myself. But what do I do if I want to
> edit a reminder and have several reminder files consisting of many
> lines? Is there a secret hint hidden in the depth of the manual that I
> overlooked telling how to find out the file and entry/line number of
> the reminders?

Recent versions take the "-l" option.

rem -p -l .reminders 2012-11-01

The -l option puts comments like this on the line just before the
actual reminder:

# fileinfo 22 /home/dfs/.reminders/061-kids.rem
2012/10/11 * * 60 930 3:30-4:30pm G. Music

The format is: # fileine <linenumber> <filename>

Regards,

David.