[Remind-Fans] Unable to access data -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Feb 25 18:21:17 EST 2013

On 24/02/13 09:58, tamouse mailing lists wrote:

> Is this a question or an update? Hard to tell with the quoting and formatting...
>
> >From SL6.3 (not sure what that is), can you manually edit and save the
> same file? Even try just:
>
> $ touch  /mnt/HOME1/rem/reminders
>
> and see if it updates the access time on the file?

I switched back to Fedora-18 for other reasons but still had the same
problem with remind. I don't know why but the problem was fixed by
stopping and restarting firewalld! Nothing else was affected but remind,
other files on the servers were accessible as always. I had tried every
file manipulation I could think of, including creating new ones. For
some reason restarting firewalld restored normal operation and I have
had no problem since.

Thanks for responding,

Bob

--