[Remind-Fans] Help calculating payday

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.org
Sat Apr 27 20:03:53 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 05:56:41PM -0500, fREW Schmidt wrote:
> I actually read that PDF and tried that exact example.  The problem is
> that it doesn't actually do what I'm trying to do.  If I understand
> correctly the command above triggers for the first weekday after the
> fourth.  What I need is the fourth weekday of the month.  If you look
> at June 2013 the fourth weekday (not the first weekday after the
> fourth) is the 6th.

Ah, you're right. Yeah, that's exactly what it does. It worked
for the first few dates and I missed that it failed for June,
sorry.

The following should work:

    REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri SATISFY [nonomitted(date($Ty,$Tm,1), $T+1, "Sat", "Sun") == 4] MSG Payday

I'm sure there's a better (and more efficient) way to do it (I'm
no remind expert), but it should work fine.

Regards
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary