[Remind-Fans] Help with timed popup reminders

John Niendorf john at jfniendorf.org
Fri May 10 04:26:13 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

I had remind set up and working with both general reminders and time
specific reminders.
I'd get a popup at the start of the day with all the general reminders
and then another popup just before an event, reminding me to do
something right then.

Well,  I had to do a reintall and thought that I had everything back in
place.  It seems I don't.

My general reminders are working fine.

I can't get any timed reminders to popup.

If I run the commands listed below the first command works as it
should.  The second command does not.  Specifically when I hit return in
the terminal, I get nothing.  No command prompt, just blank.

Does anyone have an idea of what could cause this?

remind ~/Reminder-files/reminders-general | gxmessage -buttons "OK:1"
-default "OK" -center -font "serif 16" -fg "#231" -bg yellow -wrap
-title "Don't Forget'" -file -

remind -z '-kgmessage -buttons "OK:1" -default "OK" -center -font "serif
16" -fg "#000" -bg "yellow" -wrap -title "HEY!" %s &'
~/Reminder-files/timedreminders

--
Thank you,

John