[Remind-Fans] schedule an include file update

Joe M joe9mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 13:59:52 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to add a reminder that can show an Advance warning for the
birthday in daemon mode. I get it to work in non-daemon mode with +5.
But, I am not sure if remind shows messages/reminders every day from 5
days prior to that day with the below lines when running in daemon
mode.

SET when_msg "%b: %y %m %d %w"
REM 10 October 2013 +5 *1 MSG joe birthday [when_msg]

btw, Is there a mechanism to debug in daemon mode? I can see the
messages popup in non-daemon mode and so that is not an issue. But, in
daemon mode, with -dextvlf settings all I get is an entry <file(line
number)>: Trig = Thursday, 10 October, 2013 and nothing about any
triggers for the advance notifications.

I read from mailing list archives (
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/remind-fans/2007/000904.html)
about using the float function. I am not sure if this is the scenario
where I should be using it.

Any thoughts, please?

Sorry for the bother,
Joe