[Remind-Fans] Schedule an Advance notification in daemon mode

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Oct 7 14:34:22 EDT 2013

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 13:01:46 -0500
Joe M <joe9mail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to add a reminder that can show an Advance warning for the
> birthday in daemon mode.

Remind's not designed for that; it only queues up timed reminders for
today, regardless of the delta.

> REM 10 October 2013 +5 *1 MSG joe birthday [when_msg]

In non-daemon mode, you'll get a reminder from the 5th to the 10th,
but in daemon mode, it will only pop up on the 10th itself.

> But, in daemon mode, with -dextvlf settings all I get is an entry
> <file(line number)>: Trig = Thursday, 10 October, 2013 and nothing
> about any triggers for the advance notifications.

Yep, daemon mode does not queue up reminders except on their actual
trigger date.

Regards,

David.