[Remind-Fans] Remind recurring interval function

Scott Hatcher scott.v.hatcher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 19:53:49 EST 2013

Hello,

I am new to the mailing list. I joined specifically to ask about a function
I'm trying to write, and was hoping that in the process I would learn a bit
more about using remind.

The function (review()) pseudocode:

take trigdate() # The date I make the make the reminder

create a message after 1 month (*31 ??) # Review after 1 month

create a message after 3 months (*93 ??) # Review after 3 months

etc… for 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years

I only want a single reminder for each review (I don't know how to stop it
from triggering every three months using *93)

Example use:

REM review(1 Nov 2013) MSG Review that thing!

- Which would create a reminder message (Review that thing!) 1 month, 3
months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years from November 1st, 2013.

I'm sure this is fairly straight forward to do. I've read the man pages,
and am trying to piece something together. I thought this might be an
appropriate time to reach out for some guidance.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Scott