[Remind-Fans] form feed after monthly calendar

hymie at lactose.homelinux.net hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 10 15:23:02 EDT 2014

Greetings.

I'm not sure why/if I never noticed this before, or if it's strictly
an issue now that I'm using Putty on a Windows desktop instead of
SSH on a Linux desktop.

Anyway, ...

$ remind -c+1 ~/.reminders
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|  Sunday  |  Monday  | Tuesday  |Wednesday | Thursday |  Friday  | Saturday |
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|6 Jul     |7 Jul     |8 Jul     |9 Jul     |10 Jul ***|11 Jul    |12 Jul    |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |wife      |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |payday    |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+

$ remind -c1 ~/.reminders
|                                 July 2014                                  |
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|  Sunday  |  Monday  | Tuesday  |Wednesday | Thursday |  Friday  | Saturday |
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|          |          |1         |2         |3         |4         |5         |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |independen|          |
|          |          |          |          |          |ce day    |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |payday    |          |
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
(entire calendar displays normally)
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|27        |28        |29        |30        |31        |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
^L

The monthly calendar has a ^L (form feed / ascii 12 / ascii octal 14)
at the end which clears the screen as soon as the calendar is drawn.

How do I make it not do that?

I could not find an option in the man page, nor could I found a
^L or \014 or \0x0c or "formfeed" anywhere in the source.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie at lactose.homelinux.net