[Remind-Fans] Omitting non-specific dates

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Oct 1 09:23:38 EDT 2014

On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:59:38 -0500
Peter Vachuska <peter-vachuska at yandex.com> wrote:

> I want to create a reminder for a meeting occuring every Tuesday
> except the last two Tuesdays of the month, when I have different
> meetings. For the last two Tuesdays I have:

> REM Tue 1 -14 MSG First Group Meeting
> REM Tue 1 -7 MSG Second Group Meeting

> On the other Tuesdays I would like to list Staff Meeting. Sometimes
> there are 2 other Tuesdays and sometimes 3, and that is the problem
> that I haven't been able to figure out. How do I either omit these
> dates or indicate the correct dates? Any help would be appreciated.

Odd situations like this are what the SATISFY keyword is for.

REM Tue SATISFY [monnum($T+14) == monnum($T)] MSG Staff Meeting

The SATISFY clause is true only if going two weeks ahead of the
current trigger date keeps us in the same month.  That eliminates
the last two Tuesdays of the month.

By the way: Old versions of Remind didn't support $T.  If yours doesn't,
substitute trigdate() for $T.

Regards,

David.