[Remind-Fans] awkward PRIORITY sort order of timed and non-timed reminders

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon May 25 08:27:23 EDT 2015

On Sun, 24 May 2015 23:36:38 -0400
"Ian! D. Allen" <idallen at idallen.ca> wrote:

> I find it very unhelpful that "remind -p" outputs all timed reminders
> before all non-timed reminders in calendars, no matter what the
> PRIORITY field says.  (This isn't mentioned under "PRIORITY" in the
> man page.)

It's mentioned in "SORTING REMINDERS", though.

> Why is this behaviour useful in a calendar?

My original thought was that timed reminders should come first
to group together things you have to do at a certain time, followed
by "all-day" reminders that are less likely to require action.

The -g option to remind lets you change the sort order of individual
fields, but doesn't let you change the order in which the fields
are considered.  I can look at making it more flexible for a future release.