[Remind-Fans] unable to set command line options inside reminder file

Ian! D. Allen idallen at idallen.ca
Wed May 27 13:55:32 EDT 2015

Sure would be nice to be able to set and unset some command line options
inside the .reminders file, such as "-q".

Since I have to make all my reminders into timed reminders to work around
the problem where they sort separately from the non-timed reminders,
I'd like a way to say "I'm setting the time on these reminders but please
don't start any background daemon processes" without having to remember
to use the -q option every time I type "remind" (and in every script I
have that uses remind).

I thought I could simply throw away queued reminders using EXIT at the
bottom of the .reminders file, but that only works if you don't use the
"-g" option.  Using EXIT with "-g" causes all the reminders to get thrown
away, not just the queued ones.  Drat.