[Remind-Fans] why are reminders not editable anymore

Charles Stroom charles at stremen.xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 17 05:15:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

using tkremind, I modified an existing reminder, but the mod included
an illegal character (was the message).  This was the "[" character, so
I edited the rem file (not withstanding the "DO NOT EDIT" warning) to
change the "[", because it was not even visible in tkremind.

I restarted tkremind, but it comes up with the message that it had
created an empty 100-tkremind.rem file and new reminders go to this new
file, and while the existing reminders are visible in tkremind, these
cannot be modified any more.  Apparently there is something in the rem
file that inhibits modifications(?), but what?

Thanks, Charles

--
Charles Stroom
email: charles at no-spam.stremen.xs4all.nl (remove the "no-spam.")