[Remind-Fans] Skip remind in certain years

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 5 07:05:48 EDT 2016

On Thu, 5 May 2016 11:58:18 +0200
Roel Wagenaar <roel at wagenaar.nu> wrote:

> How can I skip reminds in the years it is not wanted?
> In the Netherlands liberationday is only once in every five years a
> public holiday.

This will issue a reminder only in years that are a multiple of 5:

REM 6 June SATISFY [($Ty % 5) == 0] MSG Every 5 years!

If your version of remind fails to evaluate $Ty, it's old and you
should use this instead:

REM 6 June SATISFY [(year(trigdate()) % 5) == 0] MSG Every 5 years!

Adjust the 0 to 1, 2, 3, or 4 as required.