[Remind-Fans] printing a month from tkremind

Charles Stroom charles at stremen.xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 9 06:57:12 EDT 2016

Sorry for the latish reply, but no, it still doesn't fit.
I made 2 prints under tkremind with the options:
- print to file
- A4
- 24pt margins
- landscape
- (no)fill
- ISO 8859-1 not ticked
- small calendars not ticked.

The resulting files are identical in size and the only differences is

charles at fiume:~> diff may_nofill.ps may_fill.ps
240c240
< /MinBoxSize ytop MinY sub 7 div def
---
> /MinBoxSize ytop MinY sub 6 div def

In printing, the 6th row runs of the paper size and only the top lines
of that row are visible, although the "nofill" option is marginally
better. But as both do not respect a bottom margin, on a paper print
it shows even less.  To get it on A4 with margins a smaller point size
would be required.

The June calendar with only 5 rows and not so many text lines works
fine with "nofill" using part of the paper and "fill" expanding to the
bottom but respecting the margin.

Regards, Charles

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 09:15:15 -0400
Dianne Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 11:39:55 +0200
> Charles Stroom <charles at stremen.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > I use tkremind to print the month schedule.  Normally no problem,
> > however the month of May spans over 6 lines of dates (the 1st of May
> > is a Sunday and occupies the 1st row in its own) and this month does
> > not fit the paper size
>
> If you disable "Fill Page", it should fit.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.

Charles Stroom
email: charles at no-spam.stremen.xs4all.nl (remove the "no-spam.")