[Remind-Fans] How do you manage your todo list(s) using Remind?

Abner Gershon 6731955 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:28:25 EDT 2016

I have used remind off and on for the several years but never really got
hooked on it because I was unable to effectively manage my todo lists.

For example: I want to remind myself to pay estimated taxes on 1-15, 4-15,
6-15, and 9-15.

I record in my reminders:

REM 15 Apr +14 MSG Pay your 1st qtr taxes
REM 15 Jun +14 MSG Pay your 2nd qtr taxes
REM 15 Sep +14 MSG Pay your 3rd qtr taxes
REM 15 Jan +14 MSG Pay your 4th qtr taxes

Two problems. One, I have with this is that if I pay my taxes 14 days
before they are due then the reminder continues to show up for the next 13
days.

And two, if I forget to pay my taxes despite the reminders (perhaps I am
away from my computer for a month) then the reminder goes away without the
task being accomplished.

I am interested to know how other people have gotten around these issues.

Thanks,
-Abner