[Remind-Fans] How do you manage your todo list(s) using Remind?

Brian Carter robotmachine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:19:47 EDT 2016

@Abner && @Peb

I am using Gina Trapani's Todo.txt for my Todos-- you can find out more about that project here: https://github.com/ginatrapani/todo.txt-cli

For my usage all I need is things in remind that are due tomorrow and add them in. It would be trivial to make it add things that are due in five days or whatever your needs are. There may be bugs! I use this just for myself.

In Crontab I have:
00 2 * * * /bin/bash $HOME/bin/rem2todo.sh

rem2todo.sh looks like this:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/rem | grep -i tomorrow | while -r Reminder ; do $HOME/bin/todo.sh add "$(echo $Reminder | sed 's/ tomorrow//g') @Remind" ; done

It looks for any line containing 'tomorrow' and adds it to my todo.txt and cuts out the word tomorrow. That way when I have "REM Wed +1 MSG Take out trash %b%" in my reminder file which shows in `rem` as 'Take out the trash tomorrow', it will add "Take out the trash @Remind" to my todo.txt
I add the @Remind tag just so I can easily tell where a todo came from.

Hope that all helps/makes sense. I'm happy to clarify anything that needs it.
--
Brian A. Carter
Email   |  robotmachine at gmail.com
Phone   |  +1 (805) 453-9760
PubKey  |  https://keybase.io/robotmachine/key.asc

"Once built a steamboat in a meadow cos I'd forgotten how to sail."