[Remind-Fans] an OMIT holiday moves forward Sun to Mon, Monday things that should move forward don't.

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Jul 18 14:58:05 EDT 2016

Hi,

Maybe I am missing something here. This should be a no-brainer?

Our public holidays move to the Monday following if they fall on a
Sunday, but I had made no provision for this as every one is aware of
the issue.

I originally had a one-line OMIT command for each holiday, but noticed
Workers Day this year 2016 falling on a Sunday and would like to fix
this.

I discover that I cannot put 'OMIT Sun' in an OMIT command line. So now,
I have, stripped down, and functioning correctly with Workers Day
falling on the following Monday:

OMIT May 1
REM May 1 AFTER OMIT Sun MSG Workers Day

The problem is now that Monday is Dustbin Day and if Monday is a public
holiday then it moves to the following Friday or after. This line
functions correctly if a public holiday is set and falls on the Monday.

REM May 1 2010 *7 AFTER OMIT Sun Tue Wed Thu Sat MSG Dustbin day
(no, I don't know why I didn't just put 'Mon")

But this does not occur in this instance. I am left with Dustbin Day on
a repositioned public holiday. Another REM event is also moved from Sun
to Mon & should move forward to the Tuesday but remains on the Mon.

REM 1 AFTER OMIT Sat Sun MSG Monthly plan

Any guidance on why I end up with this most welcome. If this is a
SCANFROM issue, then I just haven't got my head around that.

I generally use tkremind to produce a monthly printed calendar for the
office, payday, holidays, birthdays, a myriad of stuff. very happy.

Ian