[Remind-Fans] an OMIT holiday moves forward Sun to Mon, Monday things that should move forward don't.

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Thu Jul 21 16:08:58 EDT 2016

Hi, Hymie, & Dianne,

Great, your method works. Spent a happy couple of hours this evening
playing with the suggestions from both of you.

BUT ...

and I can see the issue, if I put Fri 6 May as another public holiday
then this of course does not get skipped and we again have Dustbin Day
on a public holiday now on the Friday (when the Dustbin men would just
get another day off and come the next Monday as usual).

This is not a fancy scenario, it could easily happen. A day can get
declared a holiday here ad hoc - Voting Day, Zuma Day, whatever.

I suppose the solution would be similar and we would end up with a
complex concatenation of SCANFROMs.

As it is this complicates every one of 11 public holidays. And there is
no simpler inbuilt solution in sight or you would have come up with it.

Whatever, I am grateful for the suggestions from both yourself and
Dianne as this will solve 99% of any conflicts I am sure.

Note 1: I am looking to see where Dianne's $T comes from, never spotted
that in the manual.

Note 2: Dianne's SCANFROM [today() ... contrasts with Hymie's SCANFROM
[trigger(today()) ... is there something I should know here?

bestest
Ian