[Remind-Fans] SINCE verb

Sector11 Sector11 at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Jul 21 16:29:42 EDT 2016

Maybe a confusion with this "since":
=============
FSET fname(args) expr

Fname  is the name of the function, and follows the convention
for naming variables.  Args is a comma-separated list of arguments,
and expr is an expression.  Args can be empty, in which case you
define afunction taking no parameters.  Here are some examples:

     FSET double(x) 2*x
     FSET yeardiff(date1, date2) year(date1) - year(date2)
     FSET since(x) ord(year(trigdate())-x)

The last function is useful in birthday reminders.  For example:

     REM 1 Nov +12 MSG Dean's [since(1984)] birthday is %b.

Dean was born in 1984. The above example, on 1 November 1992, would
print:

     Dean's 8th birthday is today.

... just a thought.