[Remind-Fans] an OMIT holiday moves forward Sun to Mon, Monday things that should move forward don't.

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Fri Jul 22 11:28:06 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 04:28:08PM -0400, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 22:08:58 +0200
> Anne Wainwright <anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
>
> > and I can see the issue, if I put Fri 6 May as another public holiday
> > then this of course does not get skipped and we again have Dustbin Day
> > on a public holiday now on the Friday (when the Dustbin men would just
> > get another day off and come the next Monday as usual).
>
> It works for me.

It works for me too :)  I had _2_ errors. sorry. I had the new holiday
as a REM line without an OMIT line for that date. I had an error in the
last line. sorry. Probably, Hymie, your code goes as well when I correct
my error.

Now I can play around with the whole thing tonight and, most important,
get my head straight on this whole thing.

> $ cat db.rem
> REM 1 May SCANFROM [today()-30] OMIT Sun AFTER SATISFY 1
> OMIT [trigdate()] MSG Worker's Day
> OMIT 6 May MSG Another Holiday
>
> REM Monday SATISFY [!isomitted($T)] MSG Dustbin Day
> REM Friday SATISFY [isomitted($T-4) && !isomitted($T)] MSG Dustbin Day (moved)
>
> $ remind -c db.rem 1 may 2016   # Blank lines removed below
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |                                  May 2016                                  |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
> |  Sunday  |  Monday  | Tuesday  |Wednesday | Thursday |  Friday  | Saturday |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
> |1         |2         |3         |4         |5         |6         |7         |
> |          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Worker's  |          |          |          |Another   |          |
> |          |Day       |          |          |          |Holiday   |          |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
> |8         |9         |10        |11        |12        |13        |14        |
> |          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Dustbin   |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Day       |          |          |          |          |          |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
> |15        |16        |17        |18        |19        |20        |21        |
> |          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Dustbin   |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Day       |          |          |          |          |          |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
> |22        |23        |24        |25        |26        |27        |28        |
> |          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Dustbin   |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Day       |          |          |          |          |          |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
> |29        |30        |31        |          |          |          |          |
> |          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Dustbin   |          |          |          |          |          |
> |          |Day       |          |          |          |          |          |
> +----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
>
> > Note 1: I am looking to see where Dianne's $T comes from, never
> > spotted that in the manual.
>
> It's relatively new, introduce in Remind version 3.1.8 as a synonym for
> [...]
cool

> > Note 2: Dianne's SCANFROM [today() ... contrasts with Hymie's SCANFROM
> > [trigger(today()) ... is there something I should know here?
>
> Either works.  Older versions of Remind only accept Hymie's form.
cool too

bestest
Ian