[Remind-Fans] sunrise() and sunset() are 1 hour behind

Dougie Lawson dl1ims at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 05:16:13 EDT 2016

Using the cookbook receipe for sunrise, sunset and full moon. I get

sunrise at 04:25, sunset at 19:56, next full moon at 09:29 on 2016/08/18

that's running on a system that has the local clock set to GMT/UTC all year
round.

So we need to know whether remind is using dawn (0°), civil (6°), nautical
(12°) or astronomical (18°) twilight as the sun's angle for its
calculations.

The online charts at http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php for
my LAT/LONG (UK: N51° 14', W001° 08') match the remind values. The values
from Remind also match the BBC Weather app that runs on my Android tablet.

Have a look at http://www.risacher.org/sunwait/ it's another way to get the
sunrise/sunset times. I write the output of that to a file in /var/run
twice a day. Unfortunately today's sunrise times got wiped out as my whole
collection of Raspberry Pis got a reboot today.

Regards, Dougie

http://twitter.com/DougieLawson