[Remind-Fans] Timed events

Jack Baty jack at fusionary.com
Wed Nov 9 13:36:49 EST 2016

Dan D. <dandunfee at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Dianne,
>
> I'm curious about your thinking on the mac comment, can you expand please.
>
> Dan
>

>From the bottom of https://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind

> Remind can be made to run under Mac OS X, but I prefer you not to do
> that. Apple is even more hostile than Microsoft to openness, using
> both technical and legal means to hobble what its customers and
> developers are allowed to do. If you are thinking of buying an Apple
> product, please don't. If you're unfortunate enough to already own
> Apple products, please consider switching to an open platform like
> Linux or FreeBSD that doesn't impose "1984"-like restrictions on your
> freedom.

While I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not willing to make the
sacrifices asked of me in order to move to Linux for my day-to-day work.
All things being equal, open platforms are my choice. Unfortunately,
things are not yet equal, at least for me. I'm very happy to have Remind
available on my Mac, so thanks to Dianne for accommodating those of us
who have chosen a different path.

Jack

--
Jack Baty - @jackbaty