[Remind-Fans] an OMIT holiday moves forward Sun to Mon, Monday things that should move forward don't.

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Apr 17 10:30:30 EDT 2017

Hi, there,

see below

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:00:54AM -0400, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:48:03 +0200
> Anne Wainwright <anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
>
> > 1:  If the holiday falls on a Sunday, then it moves to the Monday
>
> This is done as follows:
>
> # Figure out the date of the holiday.  We scan back from
> # 30 days to make sure we always get *this* year's holiday
> # rather than *next* year's holiday for the sake of dependent
> # reminders
> REM 1 May SCANFROM [today()-30] OMIT Sun AFTER SATISFY 1
> OMIT [trigdate()] MSG Worker's Day
>
> > 2:  If the Monday is a public holiday then Dustbin Day moves to the
> > Friday (or onwards past the weekend if that is also a holiday).
>
> Do you mean the previous Friday?  Or the next Friday?  I think next.
>
> If the next Friday:
>
> # The normal non-holiday case
> REM Monday SATISFY [!isomitted($T)] MSG Dustbin Day
>
> # The holiday case
> REM Friday SATISFY [isomitted($T-4) && !isomitted($T)] MSG Dustbin Day (moved)

I found that the Dustbin Day does not move forward to the following
Friday on Easter Monday. I checked back a couple of years and it it
seems to always be the case.

It occured to me that the Easter OMIT lines were the issue, and putting
the two lines above _after_ the Easter OMIT lines solved the issue.

I thought that the lines were not order sensitive. Is this a special
Easter thing?

best
Ian
PS. Happy Easter.