[Remind-Fans] Using remind-files as todo-lists

hymie at lactose.homelinux.net hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
Fri Apr 13 10:38:16 EDT 2018

Tim Chase writes:
>On 2018-04-13 08:17, Dianne Skoll wrote:
>> Tim Chase <remind at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>>> once I send a card on (say, March 26th), I want to mark the task
>>> as "complete" (however is best/easiest) so that I no longer
>>> receive the "send card" notifications, but still see the birthday
>>> on the calendar on Apr 14th.
>>
>> I believe you're over-thinking it.  Why not just edit the reminder
>> when you send the card, to take out the (send card) text?  You can
>> also remove the ++7 while you're editing.
>
>This was sorta what I'd been doing, but then I need to remember to go
>back in and edit/restore the entries back for the following year.
>The hope was for a one-touch-per-event solution.

I would humbly recommend that you should use to-do-list software
to manage your to-dos, rather than try to force that feature into
Remind.

I have Remind and Taskwarrior working together pretty well.  Remind's
awesome calendaring features, along with my kludgy scripts, generate
the commands I need to feed Taskwarrior, and then Taskwarrior tracks
when my chores are ready/waiting/done.

https://taskwarrior.org/

--hymie!