[Remind-Fans] save file .reminders in a cloud drive

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Sep 26 06:53:49 EDT 2018

On 2018-09-26 12:06, Claudio Pighin wrote:
> Is it possible to save file .reminders in a cloud storage (ex.
> Google Drive) in order to access it by web to show reminders?

Might depend on your OS.  With pretty much any non-Windows OS (Mac,
Linux, BSD), you can create a symlink to a file somewhere else in
your directory structure, including in a dropbox-synced folder.

  $ cd ~/path/to/wherever/Dropbox/syncs/
  $ echo 'REM Sep 26 2018 MSG %"Set up remind/dropbox%"%' > reminders.rem
  $ cd
  $ ln -s path/to/wherever/Dropbox/syncs/reminders.rem .reminders

I have two dozen .rem files under version-control in git, all stored
in a subdirectory, and sync that directory (and the git repo) to/from
multiple machines regularly, and use the above symlink trick to point
to the master "remind.rem" file that includes all the others.

If you're on Windows, I imagine the concept would be similar, but I
have no idea how to create symlinks on Windows.

-tim