[Remind-Fans] save file .reminders in a cloud drive

hymie at lactose.homelinux.net hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
Thu Sep 27 07:29:25 EDT 2018

Claudio Pighin writes:
>Probably I'm doing something wrong. I did as follow:
>
>1) I saved file ".reminders" in my Google Drive > folder "System" which I
>can access by link
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk
>2) I gave following command using such a link and adding the file name:
>remind -q
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/[blahblahblah]/.reminders

As far as I'm aware, remind does not honor URLs.  It demands a local file.

Remember that, in the Unix world, "local file" is a pretty open-ended
construct.  For example, I don't know if it's possible to mount a
google-drive as an NFS disk.  But if you can, that would work.

You might also be able to write a little wrapper script, something
like (not tested, just a sample)
=====
#!/bin/sh
wget -O ~/.reminders https://drive.google.com/[blahblahblah]/.reminders
remind $@
rm ~/.reminders
=====
And that might work.

The only other option I can think of is some kind of regularly automated
rsync, to maintain a local copy of your (entire) google-drive.

But what you're trying to do, won't work.

--hymie!     https://dianne.skoll.ca/canit/urlproxy.php?_q=aHR0cDovL2xhY3Rvc2UuaG9tZWxpbnV4Lm5ldC9%2BaHltaWU%3D&_s=bm9saW5rcw%3D%3D&_c=402ac180    hymie at lactose.homelinux.net