[Remind-Fans] DST calculation updates

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sun Oct 28 08:57:04 EDT 2018

I just noticed that the global defaults file I'd been importing
( https://www.roaringpenguin.com/wiki/index.php/Defs.rem which was
also ) lists DST happening today (and the start was on the wrong date
too):

 REM Sun Apr 1 ++2 MSG Daylight Savings Time - %"DST starts%" %b%
 REM Sun [_last(Oct)] MSG Daylight Savings Time - %"DST over%"

rather than the first Sunday in November. The cookbook seems to list
it correctly

  https://www.roaringpenguin.com/wiki/index.php/Remind_Cookbook

and the Debian example file does one better  has both with a check for
before/after the 2007 change:

 REM Sun Apr 1 ++2 UNTIL 1 Jan 2007 MSG Daylight Saving Time - %"DST starts%" %b
 REM Sun Mar 8 ++2 FROM 1 Jan 2007 MSG Daylight Saving Time - %"DST starts%" %b
 REM Sun [_last(Oct)] UNTIL 1 Jan 2007 MSG Daylight Saving Time - %"DST over%"
 REM Sun 1 Nov FROM 1 Jan 2007 MSG Daylight Saving Time - %"DST over%"

Hope this helps,

-tim