[Remind-Fans] Too many full OMITs?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Nov 13 20:38:10 EST 2019

On 2019-11-13 16:12, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> >   [filepath(lineno)]: Too many full OMITs
>
> Which line is it, specifically?
> An "OMIT x THROUGH y" statement creates one full OMIT for each date
> from x through y, so that could quickly blow the limit.

Ah, upon closer inspection, I missed updating the year on one of them:

  OMIT Mar 8 2021 THROUGH Mar 12 2020 MSG %"Spring Break: No school%"%

that 2020 should have been a 2021.  So it apparently went searching
forward for the end of the OMIT's THROUGH clause, not noticing that
it was in the *past*, merrily filling up all the available OMIT
buckets.

> CLEAR and POP should work as advertised; not sure why they seem not
> to be for  you.

Indeed, with your recommended OMIT DUMP hint, they do appear to be
working correctly and it was my misinterpretation of the results that
made it look like it wasn't working.

> Could you have made a typo in one of your OMIT x THROUGH y
> statements and accidentally ended up omitting a ton of days?

I'm not sure it if would be worth adding a check for the THROUGH date
to ensure it's on/after the trigger/omit date and let me^Wthe user
know I'm^H^H^Hthey're doing something dumb. ;-)

Thanks for drawing my attention to the root cause of my issue!

-Tim