[Remind-Fans] OMIT a range of dates

Retourné du Japon khatre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 23:39:41 EST 2019

Hi,

I keep discovering Remind and really love it.

I found this old thread in the archives of the list:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:06:44 -0400
> "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
>
> > Mike Kelly wrote:
> >
> > > So, I'd have to add an OMITFUNC to all of my other REM lines,
> > > basically? That's really really tedious, compared to the just
> > > tedious way of doing things:
> >
> > Yeah, that's how it is, unfortunately. :(  There's no nice way to
> > make a block of OMITs.  Perhaps I'll extend Remind so you can say
> > something like:
> >
> > OMIT 2010-09-01 THROUGH 2010-09-03
>
> That'd be awesome. I haven't looked at remind's code enough to know if
> I could easily write such a patch myself.
>
> --
> Mike Kelly

Was any progress / change made on this topic?
What is the best way to omit a range of dates as of now?

I know Dianne wrote:

(I hesitate to make it REM-like as in OMIT 2010-09-01 *1 UNTIL 2010-09-03
> because that would lead to the expectation that OMIT could handle triggers
> that are as general as REM can, which is not true.)

(cf. https://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/remind-fans/2010/002268.html
)

and would love to see this syntax implemented.

Thanks!
Clément.