[Remind-Fans] Weekly Planner?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Dec 18 15:58:35 EST 2019

[sorry, resending from my remind-mailing-list account]

On 2019-12-17 09:51, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> On 2019-12-17 09:39, Retourné du Japon wrote:
> > Is there anyway to generate a weekly planner with the hours
> > clearly indicated with remind?  I'm thinking of something like
> > https://www.studenthandouts.com/00/201503/Weekly-Hourly-Planner.pdf
> > that would be filled by remind.
>
> Not currently.  The best approach would be to post-process the
> output of "remind -p".  I'm happy to take patches or scripts to
> make the planner! :)

I'm not adverse to taking a stab at it with a little scripting,
though there are some odd edge-cases.

- what should happen for all-day events? Put them above/below the
  given column?

- do you want the complexity of cell-merging (if you have a 4hr
  event, should it be one cell that fills a 4hr block, or is it okay
  to have the event appear once in each of the 30min blocks)?

- what should happen if 2+ events overlap (particularly if you're
  going for the cell-merging case in the previous question)?  If
  you're not doing cell-merging, then the overlaping events can share
  cells and be repeated as-needed.

- what sort of output format are you looking for? An HTML fragment
  (or full static page) is likely the easiest for me; possibly LaTeX
  but I'm a bit rusty there. PostScript/PDF are way beyond my
  investment in this ;-)

- do you have any tweaks that you use regularly like "week starts on
  Monday rather than Sunday"?

I've got a draft of some awk(1) script that is pretty close that I
can refine.

-tim