[Remind-Fans] Adjusting width for ANSI sequences in calprefix/calsuffix

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Jan 13 14:58:53 EST 2020

[...]

> However, if I use ANSI sequences for color,
>
>   SET Esc Char(27)
>   SET Red Esc + "[0;31m"
>   SET Nrm Esc + "[0m"
>   FSET calprefix(x) Red
>   FSET calsuffix(x) Nrm
>   MSG "this is a very important thing"

> things go all bonkers.

Yes.  There's nothing in Remind to indicate non-printing stuff.

However, Remind can color reminders natively.  If you have
something like:

    REM Fri SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Friday!!!

and then invoke Remind as: remind -cc ...  (or remind -clc ... to use
line-drawing characters) then it colors the calendar using ANSI
sequences and doesn't mess up formatting.

Remind obviously can't represent all possible 2^24 colors with ANSI
sequences, so it hacks up a close-ish match.