[Remind-Fans] Installation problem -

Larry Hynes larry at larryhynes.com
Sun Feb 16 11:56:34 EST 2020

Bob Goodwin <rfgoodwin1931 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2020-02-16 09:03, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> > Don't worry about it.  Just make install and you should be good.
> >
> > Regards,
> .
> I still have a problem.
>
> [bobg at Workstation-1 ~]$ /usr/local/bin/tkremind /media/nfs/Rem/.reminders
> /usr/local/bin/tkremind: line 15: exec: wish: not found

It looks like you need to install wish, or some related utility (for
tk/tcl, I think)

If you want to use tkremind, I'm guessing you will probably need to
install wish. If you just want to use the remind command line
utility, you probably don't need to install wish.

I'm not familiar with package management in fedora, but I assume you
will be able to find the relevant pkg and install it if you wish to
use tkremind.

>From the shell script at /usr/local/bin/tkremind (up to and including
line 15, which is referenced in the error message you posted:

----8<snip----

#!/bin/sh
# -*-Mode: TCL;-*-

#--------------------------------------------------------------
#   TKREMIND
#
#   A cheesy graphical front/back end for Remind using Tcl/Tk
#
#   This file is part of REMIND.
#   Copyright (C) 1992-2018 Dianne Skoll
#

# the next line restarts using wish \
exec /usr/local/bin/wish8.5 "$0" ${1+"$@"}

----8<snip----

so 'exec' is trying to call wish, and the error message is telling
you something's 'not found'. (While we're here, are we sure that

/media/nfs/Rem/.reminders

exists?)

Again, if you do not want to use a "cheesy graphical" ;) front end,
there's no need to call tkremind, just use the remind cli.