[Remind-Fans] etm, remind, khal, taskwarrior

Saša Janiška sjaniska at gmail.com
Sat May 30 09:27:03 EDT 2020

Hello,

at the moment I'm using taskwarrior for my task management, but
looking for some alternative since I definetly decided not to use
Emacs/org-mode as well as due to taskwarrior's poor implementation of
defining recurring tasks - i'ts not possible to have a task "water the
plant every 5 day" and being able to have a new task created *only*
after the old one is completed and not simply after 5 days - something
which is, I suppose, possible in some other apps like remind.

Furthermore, development of taskwarrior is almost stalled...

I saw that there were several GUIs created for remind, but now it looks that
etm-dgraham is the latest supported one. Does remind still ship with TkRemind?

Moreover, I'm still keeping Evolution to be able to enter calendar entries for
4 calendars I use and sync with my Android phones via Baikal CalDAV server, but
I'd like to move (back) to Xfce and eliminate need for keeping Evolution.

So, I wonder about the differences between remind & etm and whether
remind-caldav should work with e.g. Baikal that I could bring events & tasks
from my desktop machine to the Android phones?

What about the need to have e.g. 4 different calendars, each one with it own
set of tasks?

Is remind decent replacement for my needs?

Btw, I also looked at calcurse which can even sync with CalDAV server and even
has support for vdirsyncwer, but, unfortunately, no support for multiple
calendars.

Anyone familiar with some of the apps mentioned in subject can throw some
comparison-light?

Sincerely,
Sasa

p.s. I'm on Fedora (fc32) which, strangely-enough, does not package Remind.

--
The intricacies of action are very hard to understand.
Therefore one should know properly what action is,