[Remind-Fans] Can't compute trigdate for bridging days

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Fri Sep 25 22:25:00 EDT 2020

Hi, again...

On 2020-09-25 20:05, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On 2020-09-25 19:53, Jens Mueller wrote:

>> rem mon SKIP SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()+1)] msg Bridging day
>> rem fri SKIP SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()-1)] msg Bridging day

> One reason it can fail is if there are no omitted days around today
> or at any point in the future.  Try this:

The more I thought about it, the more I thought it *should* be possible to
do this in Remind and tell it you don't care about uncomputable triggers.

So I added a keyword MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE.  That tells Remind that this
specific reminder may never be satisfied, and if it isn't, to continue
without error (and without triggering the reminder.)  The latest git
master HEAD at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/git/Remind.git/
has this keyword; read the man page for details.

In this particular case:

rem MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE Mon SKIP SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()+1)] msg Bridging day
rem MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE Fri SKIP SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()-1)] msg Bridging day

work as expected.