[Remind-Fans] Choosing SKIP/BEFORE/AFTER based on the OMIT?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Fri Oct 2 09:22:58 EDT 2020

I have a monthly event but sometimes life interferes causing it
to either get bumped back/forward or even cancelled.  If it's only
ever SKIPped (or only ever postponed with AFTER or moved back with
BEFORE), it's easy to specify.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to
create a repeating event and have the OMIT convey what should happen.
I'm imagining something like this pseudo-syntax:

  PUSH
  OMIT Jul 4 2020 AFTER MSG Breakfast pushed back a week
  OMIT Oct 3 2020 SKIP MSG Breakfast cancelled
  REM Sat 1 OMIT [$OmitAction] MSG First Saturday breakfast
  POP

Currently the only way I've been able to do it is to SKIP
every OMITted date and then create duplicate events in the event
something gets pushed back:

  PUSH
  OMIT Jul 4 2020 MSG Breakfast pushed back a week
  OMIT Oct 3 2020 MSG Breakfast cancelled
  REM Sat 1 OMIT SKIP MSG First Saturday breakfast
  REM Jul 7 2020 MSG First Saturday breakfast (deferred)
  POP

Any thoughts on how best to accomplish something like this?

-tim