[Remind-Fans] Trying to setup remind

Stacy Harper contact at stacyharper.net
Wed Mar 10 12:53:07 EST 2021

Hello there !

I got an issue and I'd like to know how you guys are using remind.

I got a ~/.rem file that looks like

RUN OFF
INCLUDE [filedir()]/.rem.d
RUN ON

I also got this ~/.rem.d folder which is kept in sync in all my devices
with syncthing.

I run remind like this :

$ remind -z -k"notify-send %s" "$HOME/.rem"

The issue is : As some files present in rem.d are being updated by
syncthing, it seems that remind only track changes on the main file
(.rem). So new REM entries are never read about and so never triggered.

Am I doing something stupid or irrelevant ? If so, what setup seems the
more appropriate in this situation ?

Thanks a lot !