[Remind-Fans] function to print AND run a program?

Eben King eben at gmx.us
Wed Jun 30 13:25:14 EDT 2021

Hi people.  My events are almost all timed and for "today", like so:

REM [realtoday()] AT 12:45 MSG Go eat #2 1 8

Every day I have to enter 6-8 events like that (usually only the time
changes), so compact is good.  I don't mind having extensive user functions
defined elsewhere, as long as the actual REM call doesn't get too wordy.
Right now I'm scheduling with remind, looking at the parsed schedule with
tkremind, and setting alarms on my cell phone, which is decidedly suboptimal.

I would like a way to schedule an event so that it shows up in tkremind (RUN
doesn't) and runs a program (MSG doesn't).  There almost certainly is a way
(maybe a function that calls both things?), but I couldn't find it in
searching the mailing list archives and man page.  Thanks.

--
                 The natural progress of things is for
            liberty to yield and government to gain ground.