[Remind-Fans] New feature coming in Remind - looking for testers

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Sep 5 11:33:28 EDT 2021

On Sun, 5 Sep 2021 11:00:21 -0400
Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> No. there's no need to escape them in Remind.  Remind does
> command-continuation very early on.  However, your example above will
> fail because Remind will include a literal newline in what it passes
> to the shell, so the shell will see two commands:

>      printf 'REM %s\n' a b
>      c d e

> so don't do that! :)

I decided that would be highly unfriendly, so INCLUDECMD now replaces
a newline in a continuation-line with a space before passing it along
to the shell.

So here's the result:

    $ cat /tmp/x.rem
    INCLUDECMD printf 'REM MSG %s\n' a b \
    c d e

    $ remind /tmp/x.rem
    Reminders for Sunday, 5th September, 2021 (today):